Types of Diabetes
There are three (3) main type of diabetes:
- Type 1 diabetes is also known as juvenile diabetes or insulin-dependent diabetes.
- Type 2 diabetes is the lifestyle related diabetes. It is also known as adult-onset diabetes or non-insulin dependent diabetes.
- Gestational diabetes is the third type of diabetes. Gestational is another word used for pregnancy.
- Rizwana Kousar 2010. What is Diabetes? Diabetes and Your Community Education Series, Melbourne. © Australian Community Centre for Diabetes (ACCD).
- Diagrams: Margaret Mayhew, Australian Community Centre for Diabetes (ACCD), 2011.